Monday, May 9, 2011

big, scary steps

it's may 9th, 2011 and i am currently a former softball player at trinity college. during the nescac weekend the trinity softball team fell to tufts in the semi finals. we finished with a 22-14 record, not too shabby. today i handed in all of my practice gear, my helmut, and my softball bag. it's a very weird feeling and i can't quite describe it, but my fastpitch softball career has finally come to an end. i knew this day would come and i'm definitely looking forward to my coaching and slow pitch career, however something will just never be the same. My days as an athlete have ended. and something that might be even scarier, is that in exactly two weeks from today i will no longer be a trinity college student. my days are numbered here at trinity and i plan to make the most of them, but a part of me will be missing as my days as a student athlete are coming to an end. it's been a great run and i look forward to the next steps of my life. big scary steps, but nonetheless, the next part of my life!

No comments: